The Guernsey Blind Association is a local charity assisting with the care and welfare of those with a visual impairment living within the Bailiwick of Guernsey, helping to maintain independent living skills at home and in the workplace.
What the Guernsey Blind Association can offer you:
- A Resource Centre equipped with useful magnifiers and gadgets to enable independent living.
- A weekly Thursday afternoon meeting at the centre 2-4pm
- Audio news – the news from around the Island is recorded weekly onto a memory stick, and then posted to those unable to read the Guernsey Press, so they can keep up to date with what is going on in Island life.
- Talking books
- Financial assistance towards the cost of eye examinations and new glasses
- Promote educational and social activities
- Provide emotional and practical support
We are a local charity, all money raised stays within the Bailiwick of Guernsey supporting people with visual impairment to live an independent life.