The Guernsey Blind Association is a charity to assist with the care and welfare of those with a visual impairment living within the Bailiwick of Guernsey, helping to maintain independent living skills at home and in the workplace.
What the Guernsey Blind Association can offer you:
- A Resource Centre
- A weekly Thursday afternoon meeting at the centre
- Audio news - the news from around the Island is recorded weekly onto cassettes and then posted to those unable to read the Guernsey Press, so they can keep up to date with what is going on in Island life
- Loan cassette players are available for receiving the Weekly news and also for our Listening for Pleasure
- Library Service
- Financial assistance towards the cost of eye examinations and new glasses
- Promote educational and social activities
- Provide emotional and practical support
We are a local charity, all money raised stays within the Bailiwick of Guernsey supporting people with visual impairment to live an independent life.